- This is the third post in a series based on the new free online course, Launching Innovation in Schools, offered through edX and taught by MIT faculty Justin Reich and Peter Senge. Launching Innova...
- Image via https://www.flickr.com/photos/freepress/6641427981 Let's face it, fake news is really nothing new. The only thing that has changed is that it is getting more headlines due to its prominen...
- Learning: The act, process, or experience of gaining knowledge or skill. I don’t know about you, but 2015 seems to flying past. Only yesterday were we considering our New Year Resolutions, and here...
- Over the past few years, the term “deep learning” has firmly worked its way into business language when the conversation is about Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data and analytics. And with good...
- A compelling book will cause the reader to think and reflect upon the content. Ebooks can actually prompt the reader to react and respond to content. One way to do that is to pose a question to the...
My mission: To enlighten young people so they choose the correct path for their future- through #education! and to say the truth no matter what.
Also, I would love to help them achieve their dreams, and find them #investors if I can.
I cannot believe that I haven't updated this editorial since almost a year ago. 2014 had been so hectic for me and also the rest of 2013. I had many trips to various countries around the world, and have learning about the art market and so on. my new project on art is taking its shape, and i have spent a week in Bahrain just looking at the various artists over here. will keep you posted on what happens next.
i forgot to mention that our education consultancy office in Bahrain had the soft opening in may 2014, wish us the best of luck
Congratulation to the students that had finished schools this year, that is the first hurdle, and you still need to cross other hurdles, mainly university, then work, then life as an adult. What we noticed though that girls continue to score high grades, higher number of them join universities, many more are joining the workforce, and needless to say, only few girls hit the glass ceiling. This will change too, as we more and more women are establishing their own businesses, and also more women are becoming CEO's.
This month was judging a Science fair, traveled to Cyprus, Bahrain, Kuwait and Turkey, and still working on the new edition of our magazine; also I was interviewed in Dubai TV to talk about Education, here is the link if you like to watch me speak, (Education Zone @EducationZone
Ms Suad on #Dubai #TV talking about #education and #studiesabroad. Good job! Watch her at the 37 minute mark.... http://fb.me/2t8zbnzdl)
Good luck with university application, and we are here to help
This year is our eleventh year in business, I will not say that it had been great, I will say however that learning had never stopped. Everyday we learn about new programmes, new universities, new schools and new ways of promoting programmes. should we only use social media to promote? well!! i guess not. there are still people who prefer to read the news paper on actual paper, so we need to advertise, and there are others who want to hear about anything from people's mouths, this last revelation had been startling to us. We did a search on our data base, and found that 95% of our students are either referrals from previous students and parents, or from organisations that worked with us and valued our commitments. So we decided that we will only spend 5% of our budget on advertising in the various media, the 95% will go to our past students and parents. my puzzle is of course what should we do to make them feel special?
This month and last month I was busy with university visits in UK, Ireland and Turkey. i had the most hectic time as I had a 22 days non stop flights and visits. however, the more I think about it, the more I know that I am on the right track. Education is the way to go and many students are on the look out for an enriching opportunity. again my visit to Plymouth was a real eye opener, and the visit to Berlin is highly anticipated, I am going to see my medical students over there.
I am talking to universities in #Turkey, of course this is a new destination to the Arab world, so I have to investigate it fully, most of the public universities require an entry exam, but most of the foundation universities (private universities owned by the rich families who are funding part of the fees for the students and most of them have high quality education and are in actual fact in the top 400 of the world ranked universities) do not require an examination but students must hold good results to be accepted. Fees are between 7500-15000 dollars, and living is between 2500-5000 a year. not huge cost one would say for great universities. The main benefit to me is the life in Turkey, as you are in Europe, but you can enjoy the history, culture, and eat the food without wondering if its Halal or not.
The gathering of all the business councils in the UAE today shows how people are ready to meet, exchange cards, learn how business is done, chase new business and make more money. The amazing thing though is that amongst the various business councils only one was Arabic from Lebanon, one from Iran, and one from Turkey, all the rest were western. does this mean that we have more foreigners in this country than Arabs? i am not making a judgment here, I am only inquiring. maybe the comment that we heard this morning in the counselors meeting was correct, we need a national statistics bureau.(June 13th 2012)
I am very disturbed today as I read about problems in schools in regards to hitting students or hitting teachers? also i hear about students taking medications that are sold over the counter and mixing them with an ingredient called space, this material damages the brain as well as its not traceable in the blood, and is sold on the internet, so no one knows its a drug. many of our kids are taking these medications and no one knows why and how. Go to Google and write "what medicine to mix to get the effect of drugs" and the answer will be written in over 10 million pages.
i think this is our responsibility to protect kids from themselves, and from other kids.
What I am sure about now is that every body is trying hard to improve the quality of life around us. whether in Education, in where we live, the roads we drive on, the cars we drive in, the healing processes of our bodies. My latest reading is a book that talks about Mozart and his music- it has healing qualities. I had one of his concertos running quietly near my head one night, I woke up refreshed the next morning. I can be a test subject to every new method of improving human lives. Come one people I am your Guinea Pig!
i am in Qatar now, trying to find opportunities, very interesting country, with very interesting people.
also the last conference that i attended was great, with lots of new ideas to spread change in education.
- Mystery Science is another great science resource for elementary teachers. Created by a science teacher, Mystery Science provides a wide variety of lessons to enhance your students learning of scie...
- In case you haven’t noticed, animated GIFs, those moving pictures that are almost like videos, are ruling the world. It’s not enough anymore to just have a cool image in your presentation; you need...
- Finland is an innovative country when it comes to education, and its innovation yields results. It's consistently one of the highest performing developed countries on the Program for International ...
- So, you’ve heard about student agency or student-driven learning, and possibly the same thing under some other awesome buzzword🙂. The idea of learners taking charge of, and feeling responsible fo...
- When Massive Open Online Courses (or MOOCs) were first introduced, people quickly realized these platforms could help students learn more effectively at their own pace on their own schedule. “Forma...
- As artificial intelligence advances, the goal for modern tech companies is to build AI software that thinks for itself without human intervention. Towards that end, Amazon Web Services just picked ...
- Are you looking for Best Affiliate Marketing Courses? Which can help you to build your affiliate business. Are you planning to buy a course for your special one to whom you do care? If your answer ...
- Businesses have tendencies to develop and stick to ‘success formulas,’ processes and strategies that were carefully honed, and which have served their firms so well in the past, that executives are...
- There are people who stick to their primary pursuits for long and then there are those whose energy keeps changing direction. Between these two extremes, there are people who stick to their primary...
- "If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it," goes the old adage, but the most productive people throw this advice out the window when it comes to getting stuff done. Instead of letting habits, routines, and ...
- Virtual and blended learning schools continue to crop up across the country, despite poor performance, a new report states. Released by the National Education Policy Center (NEPC), the Virtual Scho...
- There are many similarities between Catholic schooling and its public K-12 counterpart, but the two also have profound differences. In addition to providing students with the academic knowledge and...